Tuesday, September 3, 2013

He Restores My Soul

Good morning, sweet friend. Can I just tell you that it's one in the morning, I'm in bed next to my precious son, and I'm exhausted. And yet, as I stood up to go to bed after reading tonight God tugged on my heart and said, Share what I've placed on your heart tonight. And I thought, Okay, God, I will.. Sometime tomorrow when I've gotten rest and had a cup of coffee. And He said, No, go write now. Go get in bed and write what I lay on your heart. So here we are.. I'm exhausted but full of grace and hope for you tonight.

Have you ever been broken? That was a rhetorical question, because of course you have. Something, someone, a situation, at some time or another, has hurt you, beat you down, or shattered your heart. And let me tell you, I have been there. I have cried my eyes out begging God to show me something, anything, that will give me just a glimmer of hope. I've been broken to the point where I had no clue which way to turn, no clue how life will turn out, and I've felt devastated and hopeless. Trust me, if that's you tonight {or early this morning} I wish I could hug you. I wish I could tell you it's all going to be okay. I can't do that but I can give you something better. I can give you hope. I can give you Jesus.

Like I said, I have been in those moments. I know what hopelessness feels like. I know what brokenness feels like. But can I tell you something wonderful?

He restores my soul.

That word restore is beautiful. He takes what it broken, what is shattered, and makes it new again. He puts it back together and completely fixes it. He brings back what once was. He rejuvinates us. He refreshes us. And let me tell you today, friend, His promise is true. So many times in my life, Jesus has restored me. I have felt like all hope was lost but then He came through and restored my soul and it was {and still is} beautiful.

So friend, maybe today you need to be restored. Maybe your marriage is on the rocks, maybe you're battling an addiction, maybe your dream of having a family just isn't coming true. Maybe you lost someone you loved, maybe you did something you regret. He can restore your soul if you let Him. He loves you so much, He wants your heart, and He wants to restore every bit of your shattered/hopeless/heart broken soul. He loves you, friend. And He promises to restore your soul, today.

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me along the right paths for His name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely Your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. {Psalm 23}

2 comments:

  1. Oh, friend. What a wonderful post. I love this so, so very much. The Lord really gave you something beautiful to share <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your replies always bring such a smile to my face! Hope you're having such a wonderful day!

      Delete