Tuesday, September 17, 2013

3 Year Anniversary

Three years ago today I became a mom.

No, today isn't Lincoln's third birthday. But three years ago, today, I sat in front of a doctor who quietly and carefully said the two words that would change my life forever.

"You're pregnant."

As she began to ask me when I would graduate and made an educated guess as to when my unborn baby would be due, my mind raced.

I was 17 and a senior in high school. I had been dating the same guy for three years. And next year was my first year in college. How would this work?

But can I tell you, friend, that God is so faithful. That God never left my side. That God knew what He was doing when He created this precious child named Lincoln.

Can I tell you that my life changed for the better that day that I became a mom. Can I tell you that God started working on my heart immediately in that doctor's office to accept my reality and love the little boy that was starting to grow. Can I tell you that my brother was going down a road to death and Jesus used this baby to change his heart and his life. Can I tell you that although I'm a single mom my heart has never been so happy and free. Can I tell you that I love Jesus more today than ever because I got pregnant at 17.

What unexpected circumstance are you going through today? What situation are you staring at wondering how God can use it? Because I can tell you from experience, what seems to be a mountain, what seems to be the very thing that can break you, can very well be the thing that God uses to save you. He is faithful, and you're going to see why. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, maybe not for years, but God doesn't break His promises, and He's not going anywhere.

So here's to the best three years of my life. Lincoln Fussell, I've loved you since the moment that doctor told me about you. I've prayed for you, thought about you, and loved you like crazy since that moment. I have never regretted having you. You are not a mistake; you are the biggest and most precious blessing your mom has ever been given. It is an honor and a joy to be your mom and I am thankful for you every single day. God has done and will do great things through you, son. I love you today, forever and always.

6 comments:

  1. <3 Carrington, I absloutely love reading your posts, but this one I relate to so much! Being a mother has changed me in ways I can never explain, and it's amazing to see how my story can compare to others - even when they are completely different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that people can relate! Our babies are such blessings!

      Delete
  2. Babies are the most wonderful blessings in the world, I really believe that every single one of them is put here for a reason. Sending hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely have to agree with you! Your comment really made my day!

      Delete
  3. I went to comment on this Carrington just to say that I love your blogs, and even though I don't have kids, your words encouraged me! Thank you! And I also wanted to add that I thought of my sweet friend Kaitlyn when I read this! So happy she saw this too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad someone is benefitted from my crazy jumbled up thoughts! I'm glad Kaitlyn saw it, too!

      Delete