Thursday, September 26, 2013

13 Year Anniversary

13 years ago I made the most important decision of my life..

I decided to become a Christian.

At 7 years old, I wasn't entirely sure what that meant, but I knew that Jesus was someone I wanted and needed to know.

When I started this blog, I prayed really hard about what I would share. I knew I would share my faith, but I didn't know to what extent. After praying hard about it, I knew the only way I could write this blog was if I shared my faith completely.

I've been saved for 13 years, but just in the last three I've really come to know Jesus' heart more fully. I spent a lot of years thinking that Christianity was about a list of do's and don't's. Now I've realized that it's all about falling more and more in love with Jesus every day.

I'm thankful. I'm thankful for Grace. I'm thankful that such a powerful, incredible, all knowing God would love me SO much to send His only Son to save my life. I mean, really. When I get to thinking what He did, I'm amazed and overwhelmed that anyone would love me that deeply.

I don't really know what it's like to live without God, but I do know what it's like to be a child of His and be miserable as a result of trying so hard to be good. I'm thankful that through unexpected circumstances God teaches me that He loves me no matter what happens in my life, and that He is proud of me. I'm loved completely by an incredible God, and that is just amazing.

So, friend.. Do you know my Jesus? Because today He can be yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment