Tuesday, August 27, 2013

My Breakfast Date

I went on a date yesterday. And it was the sweetest of dates.

Lincoln was sick all weekend and I was really hoping {because he loves school so much} that he would be well enough by yesterday morning to go to school. He asked a few times this weekend and once on Monday if he could go to school, and it made me so sad to tell him no.

Monday morning brought cool weather and wind and Lincoln was loving being able to play outside again.

So I decided to make up for not being able to go to school on Monday and because the weather was so wonderful, I'd take him downtown for breakfast. You see, I get SO excited when the weather is 80 or below. Lincoln and I really dislike the heat, so we haven't played outside much lately. So we headed downtown to get a muffin at our favorite coffee shop downtown {that will, by the way, always be Seattle's Best to me!}

I took this off their facebook page, here. 
 
We shared a chocolate muffin and Lincoln got to experience his first YooHoo and he loved it {but who doesn't?!}
 
Then we walked down to the docks to see the boats and Lincoln wanted to hold my hand! {If you know Linc, you know he never holds hands.}
 
 
 
 
There was a storm coming so I figured it would be a good time to leave. We started walking back down the docks when I saw a rainbow. I got to tell Lincoln about how rainbows are God's promise to never flood the earth again.
 
I consider myself incredibly blessed to live on an island that most people want to vacation on. I mean, that's just awesome that God would bless me to live here. Linc and I can be at the beach or on the docks within five minutes. It was such a wonderful morning full of wonderful weather, muffins, piggyback rides, beautiful water, and the most handsome boy I've ever met. It's these simple moments that I realize how blessed I am to have him, and how precious this time with him is. I'm so thankful God chose me to be his mom! I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!
 
Make sure to go to the right hand side of the blog and follow me either by email, Google, or Yahoo to keep getting updates for when I post!

No comments:

Post a Comment