Friday, August 23, 2013

I'm Content

I love my life.

I love being a single mom.

I love being Lincoln's mom.

I'm content where God has placed me.

But it's not always easy.

And honestly, God has been working on my heart about this for a while. My life isn't perfect. There are things I wish that were different. I wish that my college degree was finished and that I was already working full time as a nurse. But here's the kicker.. I can't be focused on that. Why? Because obviously that isn't what God has for me now. God has placed me here in this moment to be Lincoln's mom, his 20 year old single mom. And honestly, that is a gift! That is a precious, wonderful, incredibly awesome gift from God. I'm blessed to be his mom, despite being a single mom and being young.

If this is the season that God has for me, then this is where I will stay until He calls me somewhere else.

I think it is so easy to look ahead to the future and wish and hope and pray that we could be there now. It's so easy to want so badly for things to be different. And sometimes our seasons are seasons of pain or hurt, and those are difficult seasons! But it doesn't change the fact that God has called us to be there. And looking back on the past three years of finding out I was pregnant and giving birth to Lincoln, I know that God has a plan. I went through seasons of incredible sadness, I went through seasons of lonliness, I went through seasons of exhaustion {that might be a constant one!}, and yet God has stayed faithful, God has kept His promises.

I'm here to tell you today, friend, there is hope! He has a plan, a great divine plane, but sometimes His greatest plans come from hurt and pain. And in all honesty, He usually uses our hurts, pain, and difficult seasons to minister to others. I can honestly say that I'm content where I am. Am I excited for the future and excited to see where God takes Lincoln and me? Of course I am! But I'm staying where He wants me, and resting on His grace to get me through every day.

So what season has God put you in? Because I can tell you that He has a plan through it all. Stay in Him, love Him more, and learn to be content with where you are. He has blessings for you every day, you just have to see them!

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through Him who gives me strength. {Philippians 4:11-13}

No comments:

Post a Comment