Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day Jitters

You know that feeling in your stomach on the first day of school? {Even more so on a very important first day of school, such as the first day of middle school or first day of high school.} It's a new place, a new schedule to get used to, and nothing is exactly comfortable. Your stomach is in knots because you're half scared, half excited.

I have always been one to get those first day of school jitters, but let me tell you, people.. I have never been more excited/nervous about a first day of school as I am about Lincoln's first day. I completely realize that he's only two and he'll only be going for three hours twice a week, but still. It's the whole principle of the thing. My baby. The sweet, blue eyed baby boy I gave birth to one very early and precious April morning. The baby boy who stole my heart with one kick in my belly. The baby boy who I held in my arms as a newborn and cried every time I got to sleep more than 20 minutes. The baby boy who didn't roll over until he was 13 months old. And I'm looking back over all those things and the past two years and four months and realizing, he's really not a baby anymore. He's my incredibly handsome, intelligent, sweet, hilarious blue eyed son, who should win an award for giving the best hugs.

This past week I have signed papers, copied important papers, made a shirt and sign, picked out clothes, and thought constantly about my little boy walking into a classroom full of children and have just been amazed. Amazed at where God has brought us from, and where He has brought us to. Amazed that I'm a mom at 20. Amazed that God's grace hasn't failed us yet.

As nervous as I am about Linc's first day, I am ten times more excited. I'm so excited to see how he changes this year. I'm excited to hear his speech get even better, see how he gets better at being around other children, and heaven knows I am so excited to see him be potty trained. I'm so thankful that God has provided for us so that I can allow him to attend a Christian preschool. I can't wait to see him in his classroom laughing with other children, learning about Jesus, and growing.

So here's to a great school year filled with incredible memories, lots of firsts, and handmade projects that I will keep for years to come.

2 comments:

  1. Oh so precious... thanks for commenting on my blog and you are right! I'm crazy about Jesus! I'll be a regular reader of your blog as well! Stay in touch!
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think most people never really get over the feeling of first day jitters. It goes without saying that the anxiety is doubled when it’s the first day of school for your baby, and it’s probably because it’s one of life's milestone for the both of you. I look forward to seeing how the school year went for Linc. I hope he enjoys school and meet a lot of friends along the way!

    Myron Cross @ Melvin Speech

    ReplyDelete