Friday, August 23, 2013

A Few of my Favorites

Hi friends! It's been a couple days and I'm working on a few things for y'all coming up this weekend and next week. If you haven't gotten to check out how Lincoln's first day of school went, click here.

When I began this blog, I honestly didn't know what all I would write about and I prayed about it quite a bit. Should I post strictly about my beliefs? Should I post only about Lincoln? Should I post about school? Should I post clothing/fashion on there? {That was a question I had for a long time.} And the answer I got was this, "Post what you're passionate about. It's not about how many viewers or followers you have, it's about posting what you love and glorifying Me." So there you have it, I'm going to be random and I'm going to post about what I love and above all else, I'm going to make sure every message I have glorifies God! I hope by posting all sorts of different things {family life, my beliefs, college, fashion, random thoughts} I can appeal to all different types of readers, and hopefully everyone will enjoy at least one thing on here! Besides, who doesn't love a post about cute wedges and scarves?

So here's the thing.. I really enjoy blogs about fashion and clothing, but I often find myself reading blogs about clothing/shoes/jewelry from stores I don't step foot in, much less buy anything from {Ahem, Nordstrom}. I'm in college and looking to save as much money as possible while still dressing cute and buying something once in a while! So I hope you'll be able to read this and see how dressing can be cute and affordable at the same time! With that being said, my favorite stores to shop in are Target, Charming Charlie's, LOFT and Gap. LOFT and Gap prices are much more affordable at the outlet stores, so usually I skip those stores while at the mall and tend to buy a lot more when we go to St. Augustine for a shopping trip. I also LOVE Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshall's, and Burlington Coat Factory. Those stores have brand names for cheap which is what I love. I'm a firm believer that you can dress cute without going broke!
 
 
Believe me when I say, you need these wedges. I love wedges, and these from Target are my favorite pair that I own. They're cute, they go with everything, and they are incredibly comfortable. I like heels, but I can't stand to wear them because they kill my feet. Even I enjoy wearing these and can stand them for long periods of time. {That's saying something, friends!} AND they're only $20. Buy them now, thank me later.
 
Can I say something? I really dislike lipstick. And on top of that, I rarely wear makeup. When I found this stuff, I was amazed. It's lip balm but I use it for my lip color, and I use it every day. The color in the picture I use for lip balm and for a light color that you can barely see. I keep one tube in my car and one in my house. I also own the pink and red {which I rarely use}. And it's only $3.
 
I bought a pair of boots incredibly similar to this a couple weeks ago. I can't find them online anymore but these {which are the same brand as mine} are really similar. In the Fall/Winter, I wear jeans tucked into boots almost every day. Last year on Black Friday I bought a pair of brown boots and wore them so much that by the end of the cold weather, I had marks where I had worn them out. {That's saying a lot.} So when it comes to boots, I'm willing to spend a little extra because I know I will get my money's worth out of them.
 
I got this scarf for $15 and the bracelet for $10, both from Charming Charlie's. If you've never checked Charming Charlie's out, I highly recommend it. I'm all about a good deal, and it seems so are they! This infinity scarf goes with everything so I'll definitely be getting my money's worth out of it. I had been looking for bracelets and this one seemed perfect. If you need jewelry, head over to Charming Charlie's. They always have some sort of sale going on, and if you sign up for emails they're always sending out coupons.
 
I'm not a huge fan of skinny jeans. In fact, I only wear them when I wear my boots. But I figured that if I was going to be wearing those boots in the next few months, I needed some jeans to wear with them. All American Eagle Jeans are $30 right now. I also bought the 'heritage medium' wash, which you can find here. If you're looking to buy these online and you happen to shop at Loft, I wear a size 0 in loft and bought a size 4 in these. These are geared towards teenagers, they run small. Plus they're skinny jeans and let's face it, my legs are not skinny enough to fit into a 0 or 2!
 
This shirt from Gap is really basic and goes with so much. I bought the navy/white one but all three colors are cute. Throw on this shirt, my scarf, jeans, and boots and I've got a seriously cute and easily put together outfit! {Great for playing with my son at the park in the Winter}
 
This is my beloved tortoise shell watch, and I'll admit, I paid around $80 for it. BUT I LOVE IT. Did you see how that deserved capital letters?? I wear it probably half of the times that I dress up. I've had this watch for about a year and have definitely gotten my money out of it! I'm a big watch person, I almost always wear a watch, so I felt okay spending extra on a watch I really loved. This watch seems to have gone up in price {from everywhere I've looked on the Internet} but if you Google 'tortoise shell watches' I'm sure you can find the same one or a different one just as cute! Believe me when I say, it goes with everything. 
 
So there are a few of my favorite things, and only two were expensive! So tell me, what are some of your favorite things?!
 
I'm working on a post on little boy's fashion, mainly what Lincoln wears and where I shop for him. So that post will be up early next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment