Tuesday, August 6, 2013

100 Things! {Part One}

I got this idea off of a few people's blog (mostly Meg's) and I even started a page for it. But here's the thing, I never finished it and felt like it would be incredibly overwhelming (and boring) for anyone to read 100 facts about me in one sitting. I am going to try so very hard not to post things that everyone already knows. I'm going to do a four part 'series', if you will, where you can get to know me! Here are the first 25 random facts about me! Enjoy!

1. I am a HUGE sucker for a sweet proposal. When I have free time I go here and read them. Seriously. Go now. They are so sweet! And if you're like me then you need to go read this one, right now. I guess I'm a huge sucker for weddings/engagements in general.

2. Pumpkin spice coffee should be offered all year. It just makes sense.

3. In the fall/winter I wear boots with everything. And I do mean everything.

4. I really dislike white walls. I pray {hard} that when Lincoln and I rent a home one day, the owners will let us paint. I grew up with a mom who loves color on the walls and has always let us paint the walls whatever colors we want. I'm quickly realizing that I'm following in her footsteps.

5. I'm one of those crazy Christmas people. I usually begin shopping and getting excited in August. Yes people, I already have one gift bought.

6. I do not like pictures of myself alone. Period. I love being in pictures with groups of people or with Linc, but never alone.

7. I have a navy blue/stripes obsession right now.

8. LOFT, Target, Gap, Kirkland's, and Charming Charlies. Take me there.

9. I'm kind of obsessed with my bed. I mean seriously. I have a king sized bed all to myself and my comforter is just adorable. It seriously just makes me happy.

10. I love to read. I wish I had more free time so that I could read more often. One of my favorites is 'Sparkly Green Earrings' by Melanie Shankle and if you haven't read it, you should.

11. I also love to exercise but I never do. I recently learned that I really love to ride bikes. I wish I could find more time to do that, also.

12. I really don't like poetry and this season of The Bachelorette has reminded me of that.

13. I'm not big on traveling but if I could pick three places to go, I'd pick Charleston, Savannah, and Tennessee.

14. I've heard other moms say they hate taking their children in stores with them, but I honestly love taking Lincoln. He makes everything so much more fun.

15. I'm really emotional, but not in a sad way. I don't get sad and cry, I get happy and cry. Does that even make sense? I can find sentimental value in anything.

16. That being said, Lincoln starts school in less than two weeks now and I know for a fact that I will at least tear up on his first day. Mainly because I started talking about him going to school and teared up. Ridiculous, I know.

17. I spent about 18 years of my life trying to convince my mom and sister that "No, I don't need another cute shirt. I have about three in my closet that I never wear and don't intend to. I think I'll just stick with the gross softball tshirt and shorts I have on." I'm SO sorry, Mom and Kays. But now, {praise God} I actually like shopping and looking cute. If you knew me before I liked these things, you know this is a big deal.

18. I, with everything I have in me, believe that Lincoln is the best thing that has ever happened to me and he is a miracle from God. In no way is he a mistake. God has already used him so much in his short two years here on earth, and I believe, for so many reasons, that God hand picked this little boy just for me and I for him.

19. I love a good sale.

20. I have always wanted two or three kids, but now I'm not so sure. It's not that I don't love children, because I do. But if I'm being honest, I don't know if I could ever love anyone else as much as I love Lincoln.

21. I love coffee.

22. Okapi's are my favorite animal.

23. Downtown Fernandina and Disney World are two of my favorite places.

24. Lincoln has a pet fish named DoDo {Pronounced dough dough}

25. I love dresses. They're comfortable and cute and you don't have to think about what matches them. They are my go-to lazy outfits!

So there you have it, my first 25 things! Be watching for the next installment which should be coming sometime this week or next!

1 comment:

  1. I love all of these! Coffee is a must, and dresses? They make every day wonderful. My closet is full of them ;)

    ReplyDelete