Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thankful Thursday

To me, a big part of being content where you are is being thankful for what you have. There are so many dreams and material things this world has for us and when we get wrapped up in what others have, we so easily forget all that God has blessed us with. So I've decided to designate Thursdays as Thankful Thursday (at least here on the blog)! Every Thursday I will post 5-10 things that I am thankful for that day. Feel free to try it with me and to leave comments if you want!

I'm thankful for the quiet moments with Linc. I absolutely love taking him to do things. I love the zoo, and taking him to the movies, and going to get ice cream. And heaven knows I love vacation (which we're going on next month, yay!!!). I really enjoy doing things out of the ordinary, but some of my favorite moments are the quiet moments. Moments at home where we're snuggling on the couch watching a movie, or giggling while we're playing trains. I truly believe the statement that says "If you want your children to turn out well, spend twice as much time with them, and half as much money." Spending time with him in the quiet moments seems just as important as the big flashy moments. Any parent can spend tons of money on one fun day, but I have always felt like the quiet moments at home are when we bond the most.

I'm thankful for the opportunity to go to college. How many 20 year olds do you know that can pay for their own college? It's rare. Then add to that being a single 20 year old mom and having the opportunity to college? That's almost unheard of. And hear me out, I'm not bragging on me. I'm bragging on God. He has done incredible things to get me here. I'm so very thankful that I have this incredible opportunity to start a career. It's a blessing that I try so hard not to take for granted.

I'm thankful for my Thursdays off from school. I go to school Monday - Friday, excluding Thursdays. It is so nice to have that day off to spend with Lincoln and get some extra things done around the house or get to work out (which is so rare these days). It's always nice to have a quiet day during the week to rest.

I'm thankful for encouragement. I have had a rough couple weeks. Mostly just stressed out about school, but still, they have been rough. I have been exhausted and beat down. I have had so many comments/messages on Facebook, texts from friends, and even a random stranger offer some words of encouragement this week. I am SO thankful for how encouragement lifts up my spirit and gives me hope.

I'm thankful for grace. I'll be the first to admit that I need grace. A lot of grace. Daily. I'm so thankful that God doesn't look at me as broken, He looks at me as His. And when I am in Him, I am so whole and His grace is making me new each day. His grace is the reason I've made it this far. His grace teaches me daily and it holds me daily and although it was free to me, it came at such a high price for God.. It cost Him His son. I need to remember that and treasure what a beautiful and precious gift God's grace is.

I'm thankful for mine and Lincoln's health. This seems to be a reoccurring thing that keeps going through my head. I just finished up my third clinical at the hospital and boy am I thankful that both my son and I are so very healthy. I see people who are young and dying, people who have taken care of themselves and are still incredibly sick and it is so very sad and it breaks my heart every time. I thank God every time I walk out of a patient's room that is sick. Besides a few colds and maybe an iron deficiency problem, we're healthy. And that is a blessing that I think we all take for granted from time to time.

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise! Give thanks to Him; bless His name! {Psalm 100:4}

1 comment:

  1. Link exchange is nothing else however it is just placing
    the other person's blog link on your page at proper place and other person will also do
    similar for you.

    Also visit my site: Kimberlyabadams.Webs.Com

    ReplyDelete