Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Thankful Thursday: People Edition


As I began to think back on this week and what I am most thankful for, my heart began to flood with the names of people. I believe in so many ways that God brings people into your life at different times for different purposes and I am so thankful that God has allowed me the privilege of knowing and getting to spend time with these amazing people. So I've decided this week's thankful Thursday is going to be all about people that I'm grateful for. Enjoy!

I'm thankful for Lincoln. This may sound obvious and redundant, because I'm pretty sure I say it a lot, but I am so unbelievably grateful for Lincoln and all that God has used him to do in my life. He was unexpected but he is a blessing, and the greatest one God has ever given me. I look back at who I was before Lincoln and who I am now and those two people are not the same in any way. I realize I changed because Lincoln drew me closer to God, but if it wasn't for the unexpected blessing of his life, where would I be right now? His heart brings joy to my soul, he makes me laugh, and he makes life worth living every single day. He makes me strive to be better and rely on God more than I ever have before. His life changed the hearts of the Fussell family and for that I will forever be grateful for his precious life. No matter the way Lincoln was brought into this world, he will always know he is a joy, a blessing, and the greatest thing to ever happen to this momma. Life wouldn't be the same without Linc Fuss, and I am so thankful that God called me to be his mom!

I'm thankful for my parents. Let's face it, I'd be nowhere without them. From teaching me how to play ball to teaching me how to be a mom, their lives are precious and valuable to me. I couldn't have asked for better parents and I am so proud to be their daughter. But most importantly, they taught me to love Jesus above all else and that is the most important thing they could have ever instilled in my heart. Words can't express all that they've done for me and how grateful I am to be their daughter.

I'm thankful for my siblings. It's so funny how as you grow up, your siblings become more like best friends and a whole lot less like enemies. The fighting lessens and the time you spend together increases and I love it. I really do. I spend every Monday night (after Lincoln falls asleep) at my sister's house watching The Bachelor/Bachelorette and painting my fingernails and let me tell you, it is usually the highlight of my week. Because really, who wouldn't love to make fun of people they don't actually know while getting to paint their nails. It's gold I tell you. Seriously though, it's precious time that we get to spend doing something we love. She's one of my best friends and I can't imagine it any other way. Pearce is a different story. A God sized story. I didn't have much of a relationship with him before I got pregnant. Ever since I got pregnant and God changed his heart completely, we have been close and I love it. I don't see him near as much, but I am so thankful for the presence of our relationship and how God proves daily that He can mend relationships. Pearce will be in town this weekend and I am so very excited to finally see him!

I'm thankful for Matt. Matt, for those of you who don't know, is my brother-in-law. And he is wonderful. We've always been such a close-knit family of five so when Kays started dating him I really worried it would be like losing my sister. But it has proved to be completely the opposite. Matt was here the night I told my family I was pregnant and he has been there for Lincoln and I every step of this journey. I have incredible respect for the way Matt has stepped up as a Godly male figure in Lincoln's life and I know without a shadow of a doubt, he'd protect us both in an instant. God couldn't have blessed my sister with a better husband, me with a better brother-in-law, or Linc with a better uncle. We are so blessed to have him!

I'm thankful for my best friend, Cinnamon. I've only known her since December and I fully believe God orchestrated us to be put into each other's lives for so many reasons. A friend of Cinnamon's younger sister decided that we just had to meet and we would just love each other. Basically, we had "a blind friendship date." I don't think that's actually a real term, but I just made it one. And so in December 2012, Dentyne, McKenzie, Cinnamon, Curry, Lincoln and I sat down at Sonny's and started a conversation that would start an amazing friendship. So thank you McKenzie, because it worked! In so many ways, I believe God brought Cinn into my life at just the perfect time. She has listened to me cry, encouraged me when I'm down, hugged me when I needed it, supported me in everything and just plain loved me where I'm at. We always joke that don't like to have girl best friends because people get on our nerves and yet somehow we haven't killed each other yet. At the place in my life where I was begging God for a Godly best friend, he brought her to me and she is such an answered prayer in my life! And it's just icing on the cake that our little boys, Linc and Curry, are best friends, too!

I'm thankful for my nursing family. My section one and two groups are God sent for sure! I spend hours and hours four days a week with these people and I am so thankful for them! Nursing school wants to kill me, but these people are always there to encourage me when I have a bad day, study with me, and listen to all my rants about how much I hate care plans. This past week I have been feeling really sick and so many people have sent me texts asking if I'm feeling better and checked on me at clinicals. In fact, they even call/text to make sure I'm awake and going to be on time for clinicals (because of me being almost late for our second clinical). They are always there to help me, to answer my stupid questions, to lend me a sweatshirt, and to make me laugh (especially during concepts when I'm slightly losing my mind). I really couldn't have been blessed to spend my first semester of nursing school with any other people.

I thank my God every time I remember you. {Philippians 1:3}

No comments:

Post a Comment