Monday, July 8, 2013

I Won't be Defeated

If I'm being honest, I think we as Christians often live with a defeated attitude and mindset. Trust me, I'm preaching to myself right now. Life can knock us down and instead of knowing who holds the future we curl up in a ball and live like we're not His children. So many circumstances can look like a dead end and we become fearful and worrisome. I know in my own head so many times circumstances will pop up and I think "There's no way this is going to work" and although I don't directly say "God can't work this out," that's basically what my heart is saying. The other day I was down about a few things and just feeling hopeless when I heard God ask, "Do you believe that I raised my son to life after he was dead for three days?" Now, this may sound so off topic, and when He asked that I thought the same thing. I said "God, what does this have to do with my situation?" And then it hit me.. If God can raise a dead man from the grave (Not to mention the fact that Jesus was dead for three days. It's not like His heart stopped beating for 15 minutes and they revived Him. No, dead for three whole days.), why don't I believe that He can handle this situation? Why don't I believe that He can take care of my family? Why do I ever question His sovereignty? I think sometimes it's because we question His love for us. We wonder why God would want to handle our small and seemingly insignificant problems. But friends, He LOVES you! He proved His love for all of eternity by letting His son be beaten to death. And maybe this is just my opinion, but I strongly believe that He cares about the small details of my life, and yours. And when I remember His love and how much He cares, I realize that He is going to take care of me. I won't be defeated because He isn't defeated. My circumstances don't surprise God, they don't worry God, and they can't overtake God.

So what are you letting defeat you today? Because our God is bigger. He is stronger. He is wiser. And He loves you enough to be your protector and fighter today. His love can overcome anything you're facing today.

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. [Romans 8:37-39]

No comments:

Post a Comment