Saturday, June 15, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

Growing up, Father's Day was about one person.. My dad! I was blessed with an absolutely incredible dad. He is awesome! But now that I have Lincoln, Father's Day is incredibly important to me because of three incredible men that I would be lost without! I've realized that Father's Day is really about the people who love unconditionally and are there through it all.. And there are three amazing men in Lincoln's life who do just that! I have more respect for these three than they will ever know and I am so thankful for the heroes that they are in Linc's life!

My Dad has stuck by my side through it all. He spent years coaching me and then got thrown a curveball when I announced at 17 that I was pregnant. Through it all he's loved me and I am positive that I couldn't ask for a better dad. He has stepped up in Lincoln's life in so many more ways than just being 'Papa'. Although he is an incredible papa, he has stepped in as a dad, too. He has changed diapers, made breakfast, and cuddled with my sweet boy in ways that most grandpa's never get the chance to. And although I can't wait for the day that Lincoln and I are independent and are able to move into our own place, I am so grateful for the time that we are getting to live with my sweet dad. These are precious moments, and I am so thankful that we get to spend them with him.

My brother is an incredible uncle. God has done some incredible things in Pearce's life in the past three years and I am so thankful for the Godly man that he is, especially because he is around Lincoln so much. Pearce mentioned a while back that no one can truly love unless they know The Father's love and I have found that to be so true. I am so thankful for the love that comes from Pearce's heart to Lincoln. I got to watch a couple months ago Pearce teach Linc how to pray for healing over someone and it was so precious. Thank you, brother bear, for loving my son so unconditionally. I pray that he turns out just like you.

My brother-in-law, Matt has really stepped up in Lincoln's life. You hear about people marrying into families that just don't really fit and that's really not the case here. Lincoln is not even blood related to Matt but Matt loves him like a son. He has taken so much responsibility for Lincoln and has been there for me since I told my parents I was pregnant (literally, he was in the next room when I told them)! I have so much respect for the way that Matt loves Lincoln. He doesn't put up with Lincoln because he has to, he genuinely cares about and loves my son like crazy and I am so incredibly thankful for that.

There really are no words that I could use to adequately describe how thankful I am for these men who have stepped up in Lincoln's life and loved him like their own. I am so blessed to know men who are passionate about Jesus and Lincoln. I will never be able to repay them for what they have done for us, but I am so incredibly thankful. Here are some pictures for you to enjoy. As you can see, they're crazy about Lincoln. And he's pretty crazy about them, too! (I may have gone overboard with pictures, but they're so sweet, and you should see them all!)


 
 








































 
 
Happy Father's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment