Sunday, May 5, 2013

Let go. Just jump.

This weekend my family went to Tampa for a couple days to watch my brother, Pearce, graduate. It was also the first time Linc slept away from home since he was born. (Don't worry, I'll blog about that in the next few days.) We had a heated pool at the hotel we stayed at, which meant that we ended up swimming twice. This is the first time Linc has swam in a big pool since last summer. What did I find out? He is my little water bug! He LOVES swimming. So much so that he didn't want to get out to go to bed. He would dunk his head under, kick his feet, and splash everyone within a ten foot radius. One of his favorite things was to stand on the side and jump in to me. At one point he even decided that he would love to see if he could fall backwards into my arms. (And yes, I caught him every time.) He was absolutely fearless. He's two. He can't swim. And yet, he had so much trust that when he jumped into waters he couldn't swim in, that his Momma would be at the bottom to catch him so he didn't sink. Then God hit me with a thought. Why am I not like this with Jesus? He is my Daddy who holds the world. Even when I approach waters I can't swim in, I should have so much faith in Him and how much He loves me that I should be able to jump without being afraid of drowning. If my son can trust me enough to jump in a pool he can't swim in, I should trust Jesus enough to jump into His plans when I can't see where they are going. I love Lincoln. I would never let him fall. Jesus loves you. He'll never let you drown.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.” [Deuteronomy 31:6]

No comments:

Post a Comment