Thursday, May 16, 2013

First Week.. Down!

So I've made it through my first week of nursing school.... Almost! Thursdays are my off days from school so I figured I'd write this while I had a free second. Don't worry, I won't do weekly updates about nursing school. If you really cared that much, you'd probably just go to nursing school yourself. I probably will start doing monthly updates though! I have been to 3 of my 4 classes this week so far and I am so excited, and a tad bit overwhelmed, too. Tomorrow (Friday) is my pharmacology class, and I've heard that it's everyone's least favorite, so I figured it would be good to let y'all know how my week is going before I step into that class. It's only my first week of school and I'm overwhelmed. I have three tests on Monday morning. Yes. THREE. As soon as you walk in the teachers start reading the syllabus and it's crazy. I must have heard the word 'HESI' 5,693 times in three days. Our summer term is only 12 weeks long which means we have to learn everything and do the same amount of assignments in four weeks less than every other semester. To put it in short, two weeks from yesterday we will start doing injections. With needles. That's only three weeks of class to learn a whole lot of stuff in. But I'm so unbelievably excited! Monday are testing days, so I don't have class. This Monday, however, we had to go to school to get some access codes and we're still having problems with those. Tuesdays I have two, four hour long classes. Wednesdays I have a class that goes from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. Not joking. Thursdays I have a day off and then Fridays I have pharmacology. This week has been crazy so we haven't gotten to eat lunch really. Unless you consider lunch scarfing down three bites of PB&J. But in all, I really am SO excited. We start clinicals in seven weeks, which is crazy exciting. My teachers (so far) are all very nice and very helpful. I'm excited to see what this summer brings! Thank you to everyone who has been faithfully praying for Lincoln and me, and for everyone praying for my schooling to be worked out! God is so good to have worked all of this out and to allow me to be in nursing school right now. I am so unbelievably thankful for the way He is working in mine and Lincoln's life! And in August 2014 I will get to walk across the stage for my son. GOD IS GOOD!

 
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. [Jeremiah 29:11]

No comments:

Post a Comment