Friday, May 10, 2013

A New Adventure

I'm a nursing student.

That carries so much weight in my soul. It makes me happy. In four days I will walk into my first nursing school class. That's so crazy to me. I'm not supposed to be here. I'm supposed to be a single mom who can't provide, a single mom who didn't finish high school and never started college. I've dreamed of being a nurse since Mr. Carver's biology class. (Yes, I'm serious.) That was six years ago. (My freshman year of high school was six years ago, I'm getting old. I kid. I kid.) But really, I'm so in awe of God that He does such big things in my life. How awesome is it that The God who created the heavens loves me and wants me to have a successful life. A life full of Him. A life full of joy and happiness and an amazing future.

I can't even begin to describe my emotions as I know I'm about to step into a really difficult 15 months. Excited. Anxious. Overwhelmed. Happy. And maybe a little bit nervous. My blog posts are sure to be interesting for the next 15 months. Oh, and don't worry. I will let you know every single month that I'm one month closer to graduating. Yeah, you'll likely be sick of me by the end of it. But it should definitely be an interesting ride. And in August 2014, my name will officially be Carrington Fussell RN!

And what would this nursing school post be if I didn't include a pictures of the massive amounts of first term books that I will likely want to burn in two weeks?


And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. [Romans 8:28]

No comments:

Post a Comment