Monday, April 1, 2013

To God be the Glory

I'm not supposed to be here. I wasn't supposed to get this far. Statistically speaking, I was the underdog. Statistics have proven that young moms like me, they don't finish high school. They don't start college. Their children live in poverty. They can't financially support themselves. Someone else ends up raising their child. Praise God, I'm the exception. I feel so humbled to have gotten this far. I feel so humbled to be making it in life. I feel so humbled to be starting nursing school in a month. And I feel so humbled to be a beloved princess of God.

You see. I could go on and on about hard times I've gone through and conquered. I could go on and on about nights I wanted to fall apart, but didn't. I could go on about being a single mom who finished high school and started college, while raising a baby and working full time. But what does that really matter? What do all the accolades in the world matter if I don't point you to The One who brought me this far? Because you see, God did this. All the glory for all things good in my life, all the mountains Lincoln and I have faced and conquered, God did that. He walked me through valleys, and celebrated with me on mountaintops. He gave me strength when I literally had none left. He dried every tear, held me through all of life's roughest moments. To God be ALL the glory. He is faithful! He is just and loving and true. He makes every moment worth living. He faces every battle for me. He brings a smile to my face and joy to my heart. And you know what is most awesome?! He loves you that much, too. He doesn't have favorites. Friends, whatever you're going through, whatever you're facing.. God wants to take it and conquer it. I learned a long time ago, God has immeasurable strength and courage. Our circumstances are nothing to Him. Nothing is too big, too hard, too tedious, too insignificant. He is good. And His love never fails. He loves you. He is pursuing you. And I can promise you from experience, pursuing Him is the best thing that will ever happen to you!

Lord, You are my God;
    I will exalt You and praise Your name,
for in perfect faithfulness

  You have done wonderful things,
    things planned long ago. Isaiah 25:1

No comments:

Post a Comment