Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Life Lately

Hi friends! Life is about to get crazy busy for Linc Man and I, so I thought I'd give yall an update to share what's going on with us! Between hair appointments, doctor appointments, birthdays, birthday parties, orientations, and work, we've got a lot to get through in the next two months!

Lincoln is doing great. It's 8:22 right now and he keeps walking out of his room coming up with excuses as to why he can't go to bed. First he needed me to kiss his finger, now he wants juice. I've gotta hand it to him, the kid can come up with some pretty interesting reasons for staying awake! He turns two on the 19th of this month and his speech is getting so good! He can repeat anything and is starting to use short sentences. He is so full of joy and I'm so thankful for that! I am really blessed with such a happy, well behaving child. He loves to hang out with his best friend, Curry. His sleeping schedule is absolutely wonderful still, but he rarely takes naps during the day anymore. (Bummer for mom, who likes to take naps with him!) He's been doing better as far as being sick goes. If you've been on my Facebook you probably know he had a period of about three months where he was sick constantly with no real answers to what was going on. Thankfully we're past that now, and he hasn't been sick yet. Overall, he's doing great! Although his mom may not be when April 19th rolls around!

I'm doing great, as well. I'm finishing up my nutrition and microbiology classes right now and having a hard time in microbiology. I have to pass this class for nursing school, so it's incredibly important. I have orientation for nursing school on the 18th and 19th of this month. My last day at my job is May 2nd and I think that's going to hit me on my last week there. I'm excited for this new change, but I'm really going to miss the people I work with. My first day of nursing school is May 13th so I have a complete week off before I start school. I'm going through a whirlwind of emotions at this point. Excited, nervous, bittersweet. I was thinking back today on how I kept repeating Psalm 37:4 (Delight yourself in The Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart) back when I started applying to the program. This has been such a dream of mine for almost four years now. It's crazy to think that it's finally happening. 

God has proved Himself faithful yet again. I'm so excited to see where God takes our little family of two in the next 16 months! Please be praying for us as we start a new adventure! 

Those who know Your name trust in You, for You, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek You. [Psalm 9:10]



No comments:

Post a Comment