Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sunshine and my Savior

Today I got the amazing opportunity to spend my lunch break at home sitting outside under a whole lot of sunshine and God's glory! Last night I bought two new devotionals and a book called "I am not but I know I am" by Louie Giglio. I'm excited to finish up my homework so I can get started on it! One of my devotionals is by Joseph Prince and it spoke volumes to me today! The devotional was based on 2 Chronicles 20:15 which says this..

He said: “Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the Lord says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s.

What a peaceful statement! Immediately after I read this, my heart was settled. It seems like there is always something to be anxious about in this life, and I'm no exception. Our hearts seem to be troubled and at war daily. But catch this, God promises to fight our battles! How awesome is that! We need to learn to be still in His presence and let Him fight for His children. Instead of fearing a situation and thinking, "What am I going to do?", we should turn that around and say "What is God going to do?"

So today let your heart and mind be calmed by the fact that your God will fight for you.

You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you. 2 Chronicles 20:17

No comments:

Post a Comment