Thursday, January 24, 2013

It's the Little Things

Over the past few years, God has given me a heart to enjoy the little things in life. Things such as..

Hearing a child's laughter. Good books. Unexpected surprises. A bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream. Warm sunshine. Little compliments. A strangers smile. Big hugs. The wind blowing. Coffee. Finding the right size in a shirt you really love. Happy tears. Finishing a puzzle. Chocolate chip cookies. Goodnight texts. Bible verses that God shows you at the perfect time. Disney princess movies. Waking up rested. Hearing your favorite song on the radio. Laughter. Inside jokes. Christmas lights. Running through the rain. The feeling after you've been incredibly productive. Watching a child's firsts. Fireworks. Hot showers.

These may sound goofy to you, but these things bring a smile to my face. I'm thankful for the little things in life that make my days that much better. God has taught me to be grateful for everything in my life. As He is shaping the way I think and feel, I realize that when I am thankful for all the little things in my life, God also shows me how to be thankful for the things that may not be so great in our eyes, but they are daily drawing me closer to Him. I'm learning that the people who are happiest in life are the people who are truly thankful for what they have.

In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

1 comment:

  1. such a good message! I needed this today. Lately I've been so stressed out about the big picture I forget to enjoy all the little stuff. But that's what makes up the big picture!

    ReplyDelete